The post holder will plan, develop and implement effective and efficient financial system to support the achievement of GAC’s strategic objectives and provide the top management team with timely updates and reporting on the financial status of GAC and in compliance with legal requirements
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of financial and accounting
Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure statutory records are accurate
2. Ensures that all the financial policies, procedures and processes are in line with the best practices and GAC’s strategic plans.
3. Develops financial outlooks and estimates as required during the course of the year to assist the management in identifying risks and opportunities in achieving periodic and full year objectives
4. Provides consultancy and financial support to various GAC’s projects, teams and departments.
5. Leads business planning and decision making processes; by ensuring all required financial analysis are provided.
6. Ensures that all GAC financial data are collected, derived and consolidated from all departments in order to produce reliable forecasting and plans.
7. Ensure that Finance strategies and related plans are developed and implemented, which are aligned with the vision and mission of GAC.
8. Oversee the consolidation and recommend the budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the organization is aware of anticipated costs and revenues.
9. Develop and oversee the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of financial activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled.
10. Monitors and analyzes department’s work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
11. Provides leadership, direction and effective management of the finance and accounting team.
12. Managing the processes of financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
· Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to proficiently communicate in English
· Accounting Management
· Internal Controls
· Financial and accounting principles