· Applications developers translate software requirements into workable programming code, maintain, and develop programs for use in business.
· Establishing a detailed Application specification
· Design prototypes according to specifications
· Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
· Perform unit and integration testing
· Troubleshoot and debug applications
· Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
· Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
· Coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
· A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
· Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
· Responsible for maintaining standard development approaches and practices to minimize maintenance and future enhancements costs
· Responsible for writing help files, software and systems documentation, technical guides and installation steps
Qualifications, technical Skills and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Comp. Engineering or Information Systems
· At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
· Must be familiar with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
· Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
· Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
· Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· The candidate must possess strong programming skills, with extensive experience in the following technologies in the last 3 years:
· Object Oriented Programming
· Proficient in C# and VB.NET, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems
· MVC, WCF & Web APIs
· HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and JSON
· Windows Services.
· Database concepts and skills using SQL Server and Oracle database.
· Knowledge of UML, WIN32 API, Web programming, Crystal Reports, RDBMS, XML/XSL will be a definitive advantage
· Industry certifications such as MCSD will be considered a plus
· Experience with popular web application frameworks
· Familiarity with Windows Presentation Framework
· Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, TFS, and Mercurial