The General Authority for Competition (GAC) is seeking highly experienced Competition Expert to provide consultations and technical feedback, support units in market studies, engage in quantitative and qualitative economic data analysis and deliver learning sessions in topics related to competition to GAC’s employees.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-level consultations and technical feedback on economic and legal operations;
- Review and guide market studies;
- Provide support to M&A case handlers;
- Review manuals and guidelines;
- Participate in the development of Competition Law compliance policies and rules;
- Establish controls and standards related to examining economic concentration applications and cases of anti-competitive practices;
- Analyze economic sectors, benchmarks and their values on competition; and
- Facilitate knowledge transfer by delivering learning sessions and workshops to GAC’s economists and lawyers.
Qualifications & Professional Experience:
- A Master's or PhD Degree in Economics or any related field.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the field of competition, including the following:
- Experience in market studies related to competition.
- Experience in analyzing mergers and acquisitions cases.
- Experience in economic and legal analysis of anti-competitive violations.
- Previously worked at competition regulators.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. (Arabic would be a plus)
- Holding a degree in Law would be a plus.